The Winter Garden is a Grade II listed building, designed by architect Henry Currey and built by the seventh Duke of Devonshire in 1875. This historic building consists of two main parts - the Floral Hall, originally used as a skating rink in winter and concert hall in summer, and the Gold Room.
Both parts are now used for performances, cabaret style events, dinner dances and as conference venues. The Congress Suite links the Floral Hall and the Congress Theatre providing undercover access for delegates.
The Floral Hall has a maximum theatre style seating capacity of 1,000 and the Gold Room a capacity of 400. Both spaces offer flexible seating options including cabaret and banquet style arrangements.